Pages

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

"Keeping it Simple" Beauty Products

I've somehow turned into a bit of a beauty product junkie over the last year.  This has been good, because I've found some really great products, but bad because I'm unemployed and the cost of this stuff adds up quickly!!

For a while, I was falling down a rabbit hole of wearing too much make-up at once.  I blame several bad YouTube tutorials that I watched.  Now that it's summer, and I'm getting out of the house on a regular basis, I find that I am liking more of a simple look for my daily adventures. 

I've ditched the heavy foundation, blush, bronzer, and even a lot of my eyeshadows in favor of BB cream, a thick eyeliner, and a good lip balm.  I find that it makes me look like more of a real human being, and it gets me out the door much faster!

Here are some of my current staples-


Skin Stuff-  I use the Maybelline Baby Skin as a primer before anything else.  I follow that up with the L'Oreal BB Cream.  I've tried other BB Creams, and this one is absolutely the best!  The Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Under-Eye Concealer is AMAZING!  I am loooooving it!  The NYC cover stick is really creamy and gives great coverage to any blemish or dark spot. 

Eyes- A recent discovery is the NYX jumbo eye pencil.  I have been using the color mocha, and I love it.  I have naturally long and thick eyelashes, so the Cover Girl Clump Crusher was made just for me!  I also have very thick eyebrows, and I have been using Maybelline's clear Great Lash mascara to tame them since high school.  I wish I was kidding about that.

Lips-  Maybelline Baby Lips make my lips feel so smooth and silky soft.  I have a neutral color, so I can build upon it with other layers.  L'Oreal Color Riche is a great and hydrating lip color for when I need that little extra something.  The NYX Butter Glosses are my newest jam.  Seriously, I already have several shades, and I might just keep buying them.  Love!

In case you're interested, you can click on any of the products for more information.  For the record, I buy almost all of my make-up at either Target or Ulta.  Nothing too fancy happening over here!

I'm always on the look out for new or classic products.  If you've heard of any must-have items, please let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment